Lucid Circuit is a Santa Monica based company developing energy efficient signal processing and machine learning platforms for aerospace applications. Through significant improvements of onboard processing capabilities, spaceborne and airborne applications can see reduced communication bandwidth requirements and reduced latency for delivery of analytics approaching real-time. AstrumTM is Lucid Circuit’s line of radiation-tolerant and energy-efficient processors for reliable high-performance cognitive applications in edge devices.
We are looking for an intellectually curious individual who will help our company make better decisions through applied research. To be considered for this position, you should have a strong foundation in one or more of the following areas: signal processing, compressed sensing, computer vision and machine learning, remote sensing applications, reinforcement learning, numerical analysis.
Come join our growing team of talented individuals doing great work!
Required Key Qualifications:
- PhD or MS with 4+ years work experience in computer science, engineering, mathematics, physics or related field.
- Extensive applied background in computer vision, signal processing, statistics, numerical methods or machine learning.
- Demonstrable experience through peer reviewed publications or prior experience at a senior professional level or with advanced applied research work.
- Background in computer vision, statistics or machine learning
- Efficient deep learning for signal processing
- Efficient deep learning for computer vision
- Building and evaluating deep learning models
- Experience with deep learning frameworks (e.g., PyTorch, Tensorflow, Caffe, etc.)
- Mining annotated data using large public repositories
- Developing reinforcement learning packages to assist our research efforts internally as well as share externally
- Strong software development skills
- Strong prototyping skills to implement preliminary research ideas
- Strong collaboration skills – our environment is small and collaborative, and we’d like you to thrive on working closely with others.
- Masters in Science or PhD
- Publications in top-tier conferences and journals
- Experience with cloud services (e.g., AWS and Azure)
- Experience building systems at scale
- Experience building deep learning packages or frameworks
- Experience with data mining
Type: Full Time
To Apply: Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.