Lucid Circuit is a Santa Monica based company that is developing an AI microchip for edge-based cognitive aerospace applications. By enabling machine learning directly onboard spacecrafts and drones, data transmissions are greatly reduced and analytics become available to strategists and other space platforms in real-time.
AstrumTM is Lucid Circuit’s line of radiation-tolerant and energy-efficient processors for reliable high-performance cognitive applications in edge devices. The core of the AstrumTM tool chain is a blend of software compilation and hardware synthesis.
We are currently seeking a Hardware/Software Engineer – Compiler Development
The core of the AstrumTM tool chain is a blend of software compilation and hardware synthesis. A compiler developer at Lucid Circuit will leverage existing tools such as LLVM and TVM to develop cutting edge transformation and mapping algorithms to target the AstrumTMprocessor. Candidates should have strong software engineering and digital hardware design experience, including a background of conventional software compilation techniques, as well as physical design data structures and algorithms. A broad technical background is central to this unique opportunity to solve challenging optimization problems at Lucid Circuit.
As a member of the team working on AstrumTM tools and devices, you will focus on compiler and EDA tool development and also contribute to benchmark application assessment. Participation in hardware design targeting ASIC implementation, verification, and evaluation of a complete tool chain and architecture will also play a significant role. Engagement on this broad range of topics is critical to develop state of the art compilation tools for our target architecture.
- Developing custom compiler technology and mapping tools targeting the AstrumTM architecture
- Writing infrastructure to consume computational graphs from machine learning frameworks
- Evaluating benchmark applications to drive tool and architecture exploration
- Developing dynamic analysis tools to assess mapping quality and drive application refinement
- Masters or PhD in computer science, electrical engineering, or a related field
- Graduate level compilers coursework or industry experience in compiler development
- Familiarity with high level synthesis tools or conventional EDA tool development experience
- Adept at working in a large code base
- Strong computer architecture background
- Comfortable with tools for compilation and synthesis including Make and Tcl
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and communicate effectively
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Strong software engineering skills
- Experience with LLVM infrastructure
- Familiarity with digital signal processing algorithms and hardware
- Familiarity with deep learning frameworks
Apply: Apply Now and fill out the questionnaire and upload your resume.