Lucid Circuit is a Santa Monica based company that is developing an AI microchip for edge-based cognitive aerospace applications. By enabling machine learning directly onboard spacecrafts and drones, data transmissions are greatly reduced and analytics become available to strategists and other space platforms in real-time.
AstrumTM is Lucid Circuit’s line of radiation-tolerant and energy-efficient processors for reliable high-performance cognitive applications in edge devices. The core of the AstrumTM tool chain is a blend of software compilation and hardware synthesis.
We are currently seeking a Hardware/Software Engineer – Hardware Design and Tool Chain Development
The AstrumTM tool chain uniquely blends software compilation with elements of physical design to map applications onto the underlying hardware. In order to produce a high quality implementation, detailed knowledge of the architecture must be developed. Equally important is providing feedback and analysis to help evaluate the interplay between architecture, tool chain and applications. The ideal candidate has a strong background in embedded software development, digital hardware design experience, and familiarity with signal processing and/or machine learning frameworks.
As a member of the team working on AstrumTM tools and devices, you will contribute to the development of a tool chain combining traditional compiler infrastructure with custom EDA tools. Participation in hardware design, front end ASIC implementation, verification, and evaluation of the complete tool chain and architecture will also play a significant role. Engagement on this broad range of topics is critical to this unique opportunity developing state of the art mapping tools for our target architecture.
- Custom compilation and optimization tool chain features for AstrumTM
- Writing infrastructure to consume computational graphs from machine learning frameworks
- Analyzing tool chain performance to identify sources of suboptimal behavior
- Identify and develop library component implementations for common computational blocks
- Masters or PhD in computer science, electrical engineering, or a related field
- Signal processing experience or comparable graduate level coursework
- Familiarity with deep learning frameworks
- Adept at working in a large code base
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and communicate effectively
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Strong software engineering skills
- Hardware design experience or graduate level coursework
- Computer architecture background
- Familiarity with high level synthesis tools or conventional EDA tool development experience
- Experience with commercial EDA tools for digital design and verification
Apply: Apply Now and fill out the questionnaire and upload your resume.