Lucid Circuit is a Santa Monica based company that is developing an AI microchip for edge-based cognitive aerospace applications. By enabling machine learning directly onboard spacecrafts and drones, data transmissions are greatly reduced and analytics become available to strategists and other space platforms in real-time.
AstrumTM is Lucid Circuit’s line of radiation-tolerant and energy-efficient processors for reliable high-performance cognitive applications in edge devices. The core of the AstrumTM tool chain is a blend of software compilation and hardware synthesis.
We are currently seeking a Software Engineer – Front End Compiler Development.
A compiler developer at Lucid Circuit will leverage existing tools such as LLVM and develop cutting edge transformation and mapping algorithms to target the AstrumTM processor. The ideal candidate has strong C++ experience, is versed in conventional software compilation as well as physical design data structures and algorithms, and has familiarity with digital hardware design. A broad technical background is central to this unique opportunity to solve challenging optimization problems at Lucid Circuit.
As a member of the team working on AstrumTM tools and devices, you will focus on compiler and EDA tool development and contribute to benchmark application development. Participation in hardware design, front end ASIC implementation, verification, and evaluation of a complete tool chain and architecture will also play a significant role. Engagement on this broad range of topics is critical to develop state of the art compilation tools for our target architecture.
- Developing custom compiler technology and mapping tools targeting the AstrumTM architecture
- Developing dynamic analysis tools to assess mapping quality and drive application refinement
- Writing benchmark application code to drive tool and architecture evaluation
- Masters or PhD in computer science, electrical engineering, or a related field
- Graduate level compilers coursework or industry experience in compiler development
- Familiarity with high level synthesis tools or conventional EDA tool development experience
- Adept at working in a large C++ code base
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and communicate effectively
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Strong software engineering skills
- Previous experience with LLVM infrastructure
- Hardware design experience or graduate level coursework
- Strong computer architecture background
- Familiarity with deep learning frameworks or digital signal processing
Apply: Apply Now by filling out the questionnaire and uploading your resume.